Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fun with Breyer Horses


In past posts I think I've mentioned that I have a big collection of Breyer model horses and equines. And, guess what??? Today Sunny surprised me with a new horse, a bay Arabian that I named Slick. He's soooooo pretty!

I brought him (and the rest of my Breyers) outside and played with them. I pretended that together they were a wild band of horses on Chincoteague and Assateague Islands, like Misty and the Phantom. Since Slick is the newest of my horses, I declared him the alpha male and ruler of the group. Playing with my model horses is so much fun!

Aren't they pretty? I wish I had my own horse like Gwen. She has an Appaloosa mare named Jasmine, who boards at a nearby barn and equestrian school. Sometimes I go and visit Jasmine with Gwen and Rebecca. Rebecca takes lessons at the barn but she doesn't own her own horse yet.

This is a close-up of some of my older Breyers. Sheer Gold is the palomino on the left, Winter is the white mare in the middle, and Bluegrass is the paint on the right. What're your favorite types of horses?

I hope you liked checking out my Breyer horse collection! See you soon. :)

Cali***

8 comments:

  1. You have a nice Breyer horse collection, Cali! :)
    I don't really like horses myself, and the first time I tried riding one was just this past February while i was California. That was...interesting, to say the least. Actually, my classmate Anya is the horse girl around here. She's literally obsessed and would LOVE to have a horse of her own. But, then again, she lives just down the road from Chincoteague (when she's not boarding at school, obviously).

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Avery,
    [I had to delete my first comment, since I had too many typos.) I really like your horse collection! My favorite horses are work horses, like Clydesdales. Of course you don't ride those, but they are so beautiful and powerful! My other favorite horses are the two Denali's family owns, because they are sweet and gentle and don't try to throw you off of them when you're riding.
    hugs,
    Karma

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWWW Slick is a cutie! And so are you Cali. (I WANT A 21!!!!!) Anyways, I don't know too much about horse breeds, but I do know that Palominos and Arabians are VERY CUTE. I think I just like sweet horses. I once rode a lovely brown horse named Denver, and I got to use the reins all by myself :D
    Can I come play with your horses sometime? LOL JK
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, you're so cute, Cali! So are your horses! I love your dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an awesome horse collection .. I really want some of the breyer horses my size too. My mom has a bunch of the big ones from when she was a kid and I love paints, they are my favorite mostly.

    I just got my own horse and I actually picked out a dapple grey mustang mare and named her Gyspy. Just like the real horse my mom had when she was growing up. My sister Mara has a paint, Beauty, so I can see him .. and Jayd has Pagan, too .. LOL!!

    I hope you can get your own horse sometime because it is so much fun to just get on and take off enjoying the day. We would be lost without our horses.

    Have fun and enjoy your collection it is so KEWL!!

    Ta Ta,
    Kelsyee

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a nice horse collection, Cali! :D One of my friends really likes horses, but I've actually never ridden one before. Though, it does look like it would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome horse collection, Cali! My favorite horses are Paint's, like Bluegrass. Red and white is my absolute favorite!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete